Miss Hannah's Page

A place where all our friends, both near and far, can see Hannah as she grows...

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Festival Baby


Hannah is a Festival International veteran. She has been every year of her life. She went with me last year, just the two of us. And this year she went with a bunch of family and friends. Tammy, Amy, Linda and I brought Hannah on Saturday and we spent most of the day there. We heard the Imagination Movers, Son de Madera from Mexico, and the Chris Hare quartet. I went to college with Chris, so it was great to see him performing with his group at the festival. I think she is getting the hang of how to 'hang loose' at the festival. Here she is listening to the Chris Hare Quartet.
Hannah and her nanny went to cool off in the water, and I managed to immortalize some little boys falling britches in the process... thanks kid...
That night, Tammy, Amy, Hannah and I went back to the festival and saw Eddie Bo, Group Fantasma, and Beausoleil with Michael Doucet. Hannah just chilled out in her stroller and cheered for all the bands. So cute! Here she is enjoying herself with some bizarre toy her nanny gave her....

Sunday after church, James, Tammy, Amy, me, and Hannah went back downtown for more international tunes.We saw four groups: Frigg- a fiddle group from Finland, Solas from Ireland, the Lovell Sisters (my personal favorite) and Amazones: Women Drummers of Guinea. They were AMAZING! Hannah had a ball dancing and watching those women play their drums. It was a great festival weekend and I'm so glad it was such beautiful weather for festival!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home