Miss Hannah's Page

A place where all our friends, both near and far, can see Hannah as she grows...

Friday, August 04, 2006

pictureless...

For some reason, blogger won't let me post any pictures. AT ALL. I've tried to upload about fifty times, and each time, although it acts like it's doing the work, when all is said and done, there' s no picture in my blog site. So I'm frustrated because every once in a while I can get a photo to work. So I know I'm doing it correctly. There must be a bug within the system. The thing that frustrates me is that here is this perfectly wonderful new avenue in my life that I can be creative with pictures AND words, and yet for some reason, instead of being a delight, it's become a burden. Now, I don't know about you, but for me, I don't need more stress. In fact, I am trying to create a life for my family and myself that is as stress free as possible. Needless to say, blogger isn't cooperating within those stress-free parameters.

Then I began to think. Maybe God wants me to spend less time on my blog, and more time with Him. Maybe this is a test for me and He's waiting to see if I will pass it or not. And although this blog is a wonderful thing, perhaps He is wanting me to long for Him and not for things that are less satifying. ("He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness." ~Psalm 107:9). So this is my decision. I'm going to blog in an effort to keep all my friends and family connected only after I've filled up on Him first. And throughout the week I'm going to be in the word, in an effort to keep my soul refreshed and connected to the only one who can truly fill me up.

There are endless things that can take my away from our time with Him...from cell phones, iPods, computer emails, and now blogs. I hope today you can find the time to drink from the cup of life found only in God's word. I'm going to go get me a cup right now...




(editor's note: Naturally it let me post this picture of the coffee cup... But if Hannah was holding a cup, it wouldn't have let me upload... Do you see my frustration?!!! HA HA HA!!!!!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home