Miss Hannah's Page

A place where all our friends, both near and far, can see Hannah as she grows...

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"I'm right here..."

Tonight Hannah had a rough time going to sleep. We sometimes stuggle with bedtime on Wednesdays because we are usually at church late which means Hannah's normal bedtime routine is a bit off track. Typically, we come home and I give her a late night bottle and she goes right to bed. Not tonight...

I gave her the bottle, but she just didn't want to sleep. I tried to rock her, which is my ace in the hole with her, a sure fire way for her to fall fast asleep. Nope. Nothing. So I lay her in her crib and walked out, thinking that she'd eventually stop her fussing and go to sleep. Again, no dice. She wasn't having any of it. Finally, I could take no more. So I went in and by this time, she was having a true one of a kind hissy fit. When I picked her up, she was so histerical that she didn't even realize that I had her. After all, that's all she wanted was her mamma. I sat her on my lap and rocked her for a good five minutes before she realized that I had her. She got what she was screaming for. Yet, in her anger, she didn't even realize I was right there. I kept whispering in her ear, "Hannah, I'm right here..."


Isn't that just like us and God though? I thought about this and realized that this incident tonight parallels my faith. So often, I cry out to God for this or that, wishing and hoping and screaming out to Him. And in my haste, I forget that He is right there by me telling me, "Shhhh... Caryn... I'm right here..."


God is Great. He alone is God. And I am his child, curled up in His lap as He rocks me to sleep in the comfort of His arms.

If only we'd rest... trust that He's there doing the rocking.

Sweet dreams...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home